Sunday, November 25, 2007

NC 4-H State Council Conference











I think the coolest thing I've been to. I met there exchange students Marina from Russia, Naoki and Tomo from Japan, and Bohdan, the guy from my native country, Ukraine.

First we all had our workshops. And me and Bohdan chose my sisters' workshop first. So we were doing Australian aboriginal art with Catie, macrame with Victoria, dreamcatchers with John, and Japanese oragomi with Sarah.

My 2nd workshop I took with Marina and also with Corissa and Michael. It was dancing workshop. We really had fun there! We were dancing all sort of dances and our teachers were awesome! We had a chance to talk to one of them and so yeah. It was fun!

Then, we left and went to the hotel. We followed the wrong guy and so we almost got lost. We thought we were going to be late to the banquet and have to go in jeans. Then we found the way.

Our hotel room was really cool. We dressed up and went back. We had big dinner and my sister Victoria was recognized for achieving Emerald Ambassador level. YAY!!!!

Guess what happened then!!! DISCO DANCING!!!! It was awesome!!! Some songs we were doing line dances and me and Naoki were doing swing dancing without any clue how to do it!! But we had fun! We did it in our way!
While dancing I saw a woman who was video taping us.

The next day, the districts had our spirit stick competition!! GO NORTHWEST!!! Some friends of ours from the SouthWest District danced to Soujaur Boy. Scott and Will were hilarious!!! NorthWest District got 2nd place!!! YAY!!

It was the end of State Council Conference!! WAHH!! I really miss it!! We went to Wendys after the end and guess what! Alot of people from 4-H were there but I didn't see Naoki and I was upset about that. So we took our food and we were eating on the road because we wanted to go to the mall in Winston-Salem. Spent a couple of hours driving, a couple of hours in the mall. Then we went home exhausted.



You should have been there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Check out that guy in the black suit w. blue shirt and tie. And did you see that chick's daisy earrings!!!